lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Federated search with opensearch or proprietary APIs for Atlassian
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 23:29:06 GMT
I understand your point. But Atlassian does not have a stable search API and
you can not do too much with it.

It's better to have a separate search engine, where you can have most of the
features, like facet search, ranking, pagination, etc, done for you(see my
signature). And you will be more flexible with the structure, even dealing
with data beyond Atlassian products.

I guess that's the reason Google did not rely on each website's own search
mechanism.

--
Chris Lu