lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Iam Jabour <iamjab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hierarchical Fields
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:21:37 GMT
Let's go to some example:

1 - Suppose I have some path tree, like:
- /music/
  | - rock/
    | - doc1 = "artist1 music blues ..."
    | - doc2 = "artist2 music pop ..."
  | - blues/
    | - doc3 = "artist3  ..."
    | - pop/
        - doc5 = "artist1 ... "
  | - pop/
    | -  doc4 = "artist1 music rock ..."

2 - I created lucene documents like this example:
 field1 = ("path", doc1fullpath)
 field2 = ("value", doc1Value)
and do the same to all documents.

3 - now I going to do the search:
  $ rock
I get some sort like: [doc4, doc1, doc2]
but I want: [doc1 | doc2] and the others [doc3 & doc4] like doc1, doc2, doc4

  $ music AND blues
I get: doc1, doc3
but I want: doc3, doc1

  $ pop
I want: doc4 then doc5 (because the path to doc4 is smaller then doc5)

So to do this I need:
1 - change field boost
2 - set priority of path, and to do that: I create N field (one field
to node in the path) or have some Lucene feature (but I don't know
how)

Thanks.
Iam Jabour

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> Hi Iam,
>
> Can you say why you don't like the proposed solution?
>
> Also, the example of the scoring you're looking for doesn't appear to be hierarchical
in nature - can you give illustrate the relationship between the tokens in [token1, token2,
token3]?  Also, why do you want token1 to contribute more to the score than token2?