lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Smith" <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject QueryParser in 3.x
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:06:35 GMT
I recently upgraded to Lucene 3.0 and am seeing some new behavior that I don't understand.
 Perhaps someone can explain why.

I have a custom analyzer.  Part of the analyzer uses the AsciiFoldingFilter.  If I run a word
with an umlaut through that analyzer using the AnalyzerDemo code in LIA2, as expected, I get
the same word except that the umlauted letter is now a simple ascii letter (no umlaut).  That's
what I would expect and want.

If I create a Queryparser using the call "new QueryParser(LUCENE_30, "body", myAnalyzer) and
then call the parse() method passing the same word, I can see that the query parser has not
removed the umlaut.  The string it has is "+body: Europabörsen".

I know I had to make a number of changes to the analyzer and the tokenizer to upgrade to 3.x.
 Is there something very different from the 2.x version that I'm likely missing.

Anyone have any thoughts?