lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <Mirko.Ser...@bedag.ch>
Subject Combine data from index and db before sorting and pagination
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:43:07 GMT
Hi

I need to implement sorting and pagination of lucene search results.
This is quite easy, but I have to combine Data from the index with data
from a database. The index has the fulltext data plus a unique
identifier for a record from the database. The database stores
additional data. Fulltext search is only done on the index. I need to
combine the search results from the index and the additional data from
the database before sorting and pagination.

Is the IndexReader.document() Method the right place to enrich the data
from the index with data from the db? How should I implement this
functionality with lucene?

Thanks in advance

Mirko