lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sirish Vadala <sirishre...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem searching in the same sentence
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:39:18 GMT

Hello All:

Can any one suggest me the best way to allow me to perform a sentence
specific phrase search?

Eg: Let the indexed text be:

If you are posting a question, please try search first. Your question may
have already been answered. Don't post repeatedly. Wait for a few days.
People will read your post by email.

Now if I search for the phrase 'post repeatedly Wait for a few', still I am
able to retrieve the document even though they are in different sentences.

Currently I am using StandardAnalyzer and this is how I am generating lucene
documents:

Field field = new Field(fieldName, validFieldValue, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED);
document.add(field);

Is there a way to keep track of different sentences while indexing the
content.
Any hint would be appreciated.
Thanks.