lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Constantine Vetoshev <>
Subject Re: Fields with Field.Store.NO and Field.Index.ANALYZED not being indexed
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:38:11 GMT
Thanks Erick.

I finally had time to go back and look at this problem. I discovered
that the analyzed fields work fine for searching until I use

The way my application runs, it has to update documents several times to
update one specific field. The update code queries out Document objects
using a unique identifier, and updates the field. The problem is in
Document objects returned by the query. The querying code runs a search,
and eventually calls IndexSearcher.doc(int). According to the API
documentation, that method only returns Document objects with stored
fields from the underlying index.

I tried calling IndexSearcher.doc(int i, FieldSelector fieldSelector)
with fieldSelector set to null: the documentation states that this
returns Document objects with all fields, but that also only seems to
return stored fields.

So my question becomes: how can I update a document which contains
non-stored analyzed fields without clobbering the analyzed-only fields?
Note that I do not need to update the analyzed-only fields. I have found
nothing helpful in the documentation.

Constantine Vetoshev