lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Constantine Vetoshev <>
Subject Re: Fields with Field.Store.NO and Field.Index.ANALYZED not being indexed
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 03:33:52 GMT
"Uwe Schindler" <> writes:
> You cannot retrieve non-stored fields. They are analyzed and tokenized
> during indexing and this is a one-way transformation. If you update
> documents you have to reindex the contents. If you do not have access to the
> original contents anymore, you may consider adding a stored-only "raw
> document" field, that contains everything to rebuild the indexed fields. In
> our installation, we have a stored field containing the JSON/XML source
> document to do this.

Thanks, that helps.

Since it seems that I have to keep the raw data around, is there any
reason not to just make that data's field both stored and analyzed? I'm
just wondering why you use a separate stored-only field: a Lucene
limitation or some app-specific reason?

Constantine Vetoshev

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: