lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yakob <jacob...@opensuse-id.org>
Subject Re: understanding lucene
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 09:54:38 GMT
On 8/8/10, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> The example code you found is very old (seems to be from the Version 1.x of
> Lucene), and is not working with Version 2.x or 3.x of Lucene (previously
> deprecated "Hits" class is gone in 3.0, "static" Field constructors were
> gone long time ago in 2.0, so you get compilation errors).
>
> If you want to learn Lucene, buy the Book "Lucene in Action - 2nd Edition",
> there is everything explained and lots of examples for everyday use with the
> newest Version 3.0.2. See http://www.manning.com/hatcher2/ for ordering the
> PDF version or go to your local bookstore.
>
> In all cases, if you are new to Lucene don't use version 2.9.x or earlier,
> use 3.0.x with its clean API. This makes it easier for beginners.
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

the ebook cost 30 dollars,can't I just get the free pirate version
instead?hehe... I mean if you had the ebook yourself maybe you can
email me the pdf version to my email here.so that it would not cost me
money. :-)

or maybe I can find it in rapidshare,maybe there is someone kind
enough that put the book there.
--
http://jacobian.web.id