lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Utku Can Topçu <u...@topcu.gen.tr>
Subject Re: LUCENE-2456 (A Column-Oriented Cassandra-Based Lucene Directory)
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:20:42 GMT
Hi Otis,

Thank you for the notice. I'll do so.

"What happened with Lucandra?" Is really a hard question to answer.

After testing the CassandraDirectory and Lucandra against a real-time stream
of "large" data. I've concluded that the approach to make this data
searchable in Lucene over Cassandra is not as scalable as it has sounded.

So I've developed some "pure" cassandra techniques to index and search for
the portions of data I'm interested in.

Regards,
Utku

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com