lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: hit exception flushing segment _0 - IndexWriter configuration
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 21:35:43 GMT
Can you post the full exception?  And also the log output from
IndexWriter.setInfoStream.

Mike

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Amin Mohammed-Coleman <aminmc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Apologies for re sending this email but I was just wondering if any one might be able
to advise on the below. I'm not sure if I've provided enough info.

> Again any help would be appreciated.
>
> Amin
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 1 Aug 2010, at 20:00, Amin Mohammed-Coleman <aminmc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am currently building an application whereby there is a remote index server (yes
it probably does sound like Solr :)) and users use my API to send documents to the indexing
server for indexing.  The 2 methods primarily used is add and commit. So the user can send
requests for documents to be added to the index and then can call commit.  I did a test where
i simulated a user calling the add method 10 times and then in a separate method call invoked
commit.   The thing I noticed when i turned the verbose setting for the IndexWriter was:

>> hit exception flushing segment _0
>>
>> It may be worth mention the settings I have for my index writer:
>>
>> mergeFactor ="100"
>> maxMergeDocs = "9999999"
>>

>> When i use my api to add 102 documents and then in a separate method call invoke
a commit I get no exception.  So I was wondering what is the best setting for the mergeFactor,
and should i be experiencing this exception after requesting a commit after adding 10 documents
to the index?