lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Query Match Count
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:17:11 GMT
Do you need this for a single document, eg for debugging?  If so,
IndexSearcher.explain can give you these details.

If you need it for all hits, then Lucene does not make that easy
today, which is somewhat frustrating because this information (freq of
occurrence of each clause matching the current hit) is being computed,
to compute the net score; it's just not accessible.

But this is requested fairly often, so... I just opened an issue to
make this possible:

Mike