lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michel Nadeau <aka...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucandra - Any experiences?
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:21:02 GMT
Hi,

we are currently considering to switch from Lucene + Cassandra to *Lucandra*,
mainly for the following reasons:

* Ability to have many threads writing in the same index at the same time;
* Live results without the need to close/re-open the index reader;
* Easy scaling to many nodes thanks to Cassandra's scaling abilities;
* Possibility to boost Lucene's sorting abilities by using many Cassandra
ColumnFamilies;
* No mismatch between data in Lucene and Cassandra (when used separately).

We were told that Lucandra is ready to be used in a production system and
that we would have access to all the Lucene features we're currently using
(wildcard searches, ranges, pagination, sort, filters); but we couldn't find
any big success stories about Lucandra - that's why I'm writing here today!

So if you or someone you know worked on a project using Lucandra (especially
systems involving a lot of data because we have millions and millions and
millions of documents to deal with), please let me know: I'm very interested
to get feedback about your experiences.

Thanks,

Mike