lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene applicability
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:27:39 GMT
I see you are coming from the database world. To get a better understanding
of Lucene, I would suggest you use the free version of DBSight, which let
you create Lucene index with SQL after a few clicks.

Basically Lucene is more like a list of denormalized documents. So if you
change your database schema, your lucene index would likely need to be
changed and re-built also.

The combined full text search and range queries are easy in Lucene index.
You don't need to worry about it.

It's a great question about 3). If anything goes wrong, you would need to
rebuild the index. So you would need a mechanism to get prepared and rebuild
the index when you need to.

--
Chris Lu