lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting a Lucene index
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:50:31 GMT
Hi Shelly,
The search results so returned are sorted either by relevance, index order,
stored field, or custom order.
As you are saying that you would not be able to maintain the index order,
 you would have to do the sort at run time.
Sorting on a stored field is not costly and you may use it comfortably. btw,
are you facing any issues in sort time or is it a presumption?

--
Anshum Gupta
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com