lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nigel <nigelspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Largest Lucene installation?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:05:00 GMT
I'm curious about what the largest Lucene installations are, in terms of:

- Greatest number of documents (i.e. X billion docs)
- Largest data size (i.e. Y terabytes of indexes)
- Most machines (i.e. Z shards or severs)

Apart from general curiosity, the obvious follow-up question would be what
approaches were taken to scale to extremes.

We have ~11 billion documents indexed (growing at >2 billion per month), but
I'm sure someone else has enough that this appears puny.  (-:

Thanks,
Chris