lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bettering search performance
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:13:03 GMT
I'm assuming that the queries you're timing also do not sort. Warmup queries
that don't sort also don't help speed up the first queries that do sort.

But assuming that sorting isn't the problem, you'll need to do a bit of
performance
monitoring. You haven't mentioned what op system you're using, so suggesting
a particular quick-n-dirty tool is kinda hard....

I suspect though that you're swapping. 1.5G or a 7G index jumps out as the
first place to look...

HTH
Erick