lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From findbestopensource <findbestopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting a Lucene index
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:31:08 GMT
Hi Shelly,

Have you tried sorting in your queries. Is it creating in any issues?
Once you open a reader and warm your search with sorting then
fieldcache will be loaded for that field. You could see more usage of
RAM. You could do as many queries with sorting till you reopen the
reader.

If you add document according to increasing / decreasing order then
you could prefer sorting on INDEX_ORDER basically it does sorting on
document number which is incremental for every document. Try if could
control, the way you insert.

12,y,d
100,o,p
1,x,y
23,u,i
31,v,m
22,b,m
109,k,l

According to your document, You could use short integer or string as
your sort field. You need to worry if you use long or date time
sorting as it involves more size.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Shelly_Singh <Shelly_Singh@infosys.com> wrote:
> Hi Anshum,
>
> I require sorted results for all my queries and the field on which I need sorting is
fixed; so this lead to me the idea of storing in sorted order to avoid sorting cost with every
query.