lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shelly_Singh <Shelly_Si...@infosys.com>
Subject Bettering search performance
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 03:34:50 GMT
Hi,

I have a lucene index of 100 million documents. But the document size is very small - 5 fields
with 1 or 2 terms each. Only 1 field is analyzed and others are just simply indexed. The index
is optimized to 2 segments and the total index size is 7GB.

I open a searcher with a termsInfoDivisor value as '10'. I have warmed my searcher by executing
10 random termQueries (on the field that is analyzed). After this, when I do a search on the
same field, I get a response time of over 2 seconds.
I am executing with a RAM of 1.5G. Is it possible to bring the search time down to few milliseconds
in this configuration.

Any tips would help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shelly Singh
Center For KNowledge Driven Information Systems, Infosys
Email: shelly_singh@infosys.com
Phone: (M) 91 992 369 7200, (VoIP)2022978622