lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shelly_Singh <Shelly_Si...@infosys.com>
Subject TermQuery and ConstantScoreQuery on TermsFilter
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:47:05 GMT
Hi,

In my index lucene index, I want to search on a field, but the score or order of returned
documents is not important. What is important is which documents are returned.

As, I do not need score or even default sorting(order  by docid), what is the best way to
write a query.

I compared performance of two options - TermQuery and ConstantScoreQuery on TermsFilter. I
was expecting smaller search time with ConstantScoreQuery with TermsFilter, but it has turned
out otherwise.
Please help me understand this behavior.

Thanks and Regards,

Shelly Singh
Center For KNowledge Driven Information Systems, Infosys
Email: shelly_singh@infosys.com<mailto:shelly_singh@infosys.com>
Phone: (M) 91 992 369 7200, (VoIP)2022978622

Infosys e-mail system.