lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shelly_Singh <Shelly_Si...@infosys.com>
Subject Sorting a Lucene index
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:42:20 GMT
Hi,

I have a Lucene index that contains a numeric field along with certain other fields. The order
of incoming documents is random and un-predictable. As a result, while creating an index,
I end up adding docs in random order with respect to the numeric field value.

For example, documents may be added in following order:
12,y,d
100,o,p
1,x,y
23,u,i
31,v,m
22,b,m
109,k,l

My requirement is that at search time, I want the documents in order of the numeric field.
One, option is to do a score/sort on the numeric field.
But, this may be a costly operation.

Hence, I am trying to find if there is some way, such that, my stored index is sorted by itself.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shelly Singh
Center For KNowledge Driven Information Systems, Infosys
Email: shelly_singh@infosys.com<mailto:shelly_singh@infosys.com>
Phone: (M) 91 992 369 7200, (VoIP)2022978622