lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using categories with Lucene
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 05:03:54 GMT
Hello Luan,

I think you are looking for facets and faceted search.  In short, it means
storing the category for a document (web page) in the Document Field in Lucene
index .  Then, at search time, you count how many matches were in which
category.  You can implement this yourself or you can use Solr, which has this
functionality built-in.  If you want to stick with Lucene and don't want Solr,
you can use Bobo Browse with Lucene - Lucene in Action 2 has a case study about
Bobo Browse, where you can learn how this is done.  Slick stuff.

Thanks for using http://search-lucene.com :)

Otis
----