lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Lucas" <p...@lucasmail.org>
Subject Re: IndexWriter.deleteDocuments(Query[]) not deleting
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:04:38 GMT

I originally wrote:

> I create/close a new IndexWriter for the delete.

So the answer is "yes."

> ... are you sure your cases match when you submit your term queries?

Yes.

> An interesting test would be to write out the file names you create your
> terms from, and see what happens if you search on those fields etc....

Never mind.  I figured it out.  (Don't you hate it when you can't figure something out, you
write-up a detailed question, post it, then go off an figure it out afterwards?)

The problem was the directory was being stored in the index like:

	/path/to/file/

(with the trailing slash).  The delete query, however, didn't have the trailing slash since
File.getAbsolutePath() doesn't return trailing file separator characters.  D'oh!

- Paul