lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Boost and ordering based on most recently updated
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:46:23 GMT
I have a situation where I'm using a Boost on documents to bump them up in the search results
when a search has multiple documents with the same hits in the search query. However, it looks
like if two or more documents have the same rank after the Boost is applied, the search results
are ordered such that the first search result is the first document that was added to the
index and the last result is the last document that was added or updated.

I want to change this so that the most recently updated document is always at the top of the
search results. This would happen after the Boost is applied.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
-bp