lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: get wordno, lineno, pageno for term/phrase
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:41:50 GMT
Storing all that info per-token as payloads will bloat the index.
Wouldn't it be wiser to use a special token to mark page feed and end of
paragraph (numbers of which could be then stored as payloads), and scan
the token stream per document to retrieve them back? some extra
operations for retrieval, but much smaller index...

Itamar.