lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Hermann <herm...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject Search results include results with excluded terms
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:31:59 GMT
Hi,

i've built a local index of the german wikipedia (works fine so far).

Now when i'm searching this index with luke (or my own code) using a query
like "title:(-Datei*) avl" i still get results with Documents where the title
contains: "Datei:foo".

The title field is created like this:
Field fieldTitle = new Field(Metadata.TITLE, title, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED);

Can someone explain to me why i still get these results?

If i click on "explain" in luke, it tells me that the score basically came
from the contents field where "avl" is included.

So the question is, how do i *exclude* documents? I.e. score the exclusion
very low, so that these results won't appear at all?

regards
Christoph

--
Christoph Hermann