lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From L Duperval <duper...@videotron.com>
Subject Inserting data from multiple databases in same index
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:07:40 GMT
Hi,

We are creating an index containing data from two databases. What we are trying
to achieve is to make our search locate and return information no matter where
the data came from. (BTW, we are using Compass, if it matters any)

My problem is that I am not sure how to create such an index.

Do I index in two passes, one for each database, while adding the content of the
second SELECT to the first one? Or a different approach?

I'm pretty sure this is (pretty much) a FAQ but I didn't find what I was looking
for.

Thanks,