lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <suman.hol...@zapak.co.in>
Subject subset query :query filter or boolean query
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:23:06 GMT

Hi ,

I have 4 query search fields.

case 1 : if i use one search
field to make a query filter and then use the query filter to search on
other 3 fields so as to reduce the searching docs subset.

case 2: i use
all query parameters using boolean query , whole of index will be searched.

Which of the two approach will give better performance.Or is there ne
other approach to do this .

Also

Can we use subset of documents , for
searching .

Lets say I have hash map of

P1 -1,2,3,4

P2 - 3,4,5

P3-7,5,3

Now I have an documents in lucene index stored as

1-P1

2-P1

3-P1,P2,P3

4-P1,P2

5-P2,P3

7-P3

..

..

when i search
docs with P2 I get 3,4,5

Now I want my search to b restricted to just
3,4,5 doc only. where by I can search only these docs for further
parameters.

1. How to go abt it.

2. Is there any other seraching
mechanism I should use, or Lucene is better fit?

3. should i keep my hash
map also in lucene indexes and is then thr a method to link it to another
lucene indexes.

regards,

Suman