lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From manjula wijewickrema <manjul...@gmail.com>
Subject Databases
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 05:46:13 GMT
Hi,

Normally, when I am building my index directory for indexed documents, I
used to keep my indexed files simply in a directory called 'filesToIndex'.
So in this case, I do not use any standar database management system such
as mySql or any other.

1) Will it be possible to use mySql or any other for the purpose of manage
indexed documents in Lucene?

2) Is it necessary to follow such kind of methodology with Lucene?

3) If we do not use such type of database management system, will there be
any disadvantages with large number of indexed files?

Appreciate any reply from you.
Thanks,
Manjula.