lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From findbestopensource <findbestopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Holding and changing index wide information
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:36:14 GMT
 Hi Jan,

I think, you require version number for each commit OR updates. Say
you added 10 docs then it is update 1, then modifed or added some more
then it is update 2.. If it is so then my advice would be to have
field named field-type, version-number and version-date-time as part
of the field in the index. You could set this field as like any other
field. Retrieve the record by filtering the value to the field
field-type.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM,  <jan.kurella@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When using incremental updating via Solr, we want to know, which update is in the current
index. Each update has a number.
> How can we store/change/retrieve this number with the index. We want to store it in the
index to replicate it to any slaves as well.