lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Naveen Kumar <id.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a new field to existing Index
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:49:54 GMT
Hi Andrzej Bialecki

When you suggested -
    "There are some other low-level ways to do this, but the easiest is to
      use a FilterIndexReader, especially since you just want to add a
stored
      field - implement a subclass of FilterIndexReader that adds a new
field
      in getFieldNames() and document(int). Then use
      IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexReader[]) to create the output index."
I believe you assumed that all the existing fields are stored. I have a few
fields which are only indexed, not stored. Is there a way to add a new
Field(stored, not indexed) to document in such an index, without reindexing
the whole index.
Any suggestions will be very helpful!

Thank you
Naveen Kumar