lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Best practices for searcher memory usage?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:53:14 GMT
You can also set the termsIndexDivisor when opening the IndexReader.
The terms index is an in-memory data structure and it an consume ALOT
of RAM when your index has many unique terms.

Flex (only on Lucene's trunk / next major release (4.0)) has reduced
this RAM usage (as well as the RAM required when sorting by string
field with mostly ascii content) substantially -- see
http://chbits.blogspot.com/2010/07/lucenes-ram-usage-for-searching.html

Mike