lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joe Hansen <joe.hansen...@gmail.com>
Subject How to modify a document Field before the document is indexed?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:31:27 GMT
Hey All,

I am using Apache Lucene (2.9.1) and its fast and it works great! I
have a question in connection with Apache PDFBox.

The following command creates a Lucent Document from a PDF file:
Document document =
org.apache.pdfbox.searchengine.lucene.LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(docFile);

The Lucene Document, document, has a bunch of fields. Among those
fields, is a field named, "content". I need to add some more data to
that field. For example, I would like to add some description and
keywords. How do I go about doing that? Any pointers would be greatly
welcome! :)

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Joe