lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: XML results ranking
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:08:29 GMT
Lucene 2454 includes an example of matching logic that  respects the structure
in XML documents (see (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2454 )
The example class TestNestedDocumentQuery queries xhtml marked up with hResume
syntax.

We don't have XQuery syntax support in a parser now (and may never) but you may
find the "NestedDocumentQuery" class useful in moving Lucene away from "flat"
documents to representing richer structures like XML.

----- Original Message ----
From: Maciej <mgawinecki@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thu, 15 July, 2010 16:07:57
Subject: XML results ranking

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Lucene and before starting playing with it I would like to know
whether it fits to my application.

I have a collection of XML documented demarcated with respect to a stable XML
schema (WSDL definitions).

I wonder whether Lucene:

(1) provides full-text search over content of XML elements ?

(2) provides substring search over values of attributes of XML elements ?

(3) scores relevance of matching XML documents ?

(4) allows to identify (in matching document) XML elements with matched query
terms and than navigate to parental/children nodes in XML ?structure ?

(5) provides a way to give more weight to some XML element types during
relevance scoring ?

Best regards,
Maciej Gawinecki