lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ilkay polat <ilkay_po...@yahoo.com>
Subject Out of memory problem in search
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:44:26 GMT
Hello Friends;

Recently, I have problem with lucene search - memory problem on the basis that indexed file
is so big. (I have indexed some kinds of information and this indexed file's size is nearly
more than 40 gigabyte. )

I search the lucene indexed file with org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(query, null,
offset + limit, new Sort(new SortField("time", SortField.LONG, true)));
(This provides to find (offset + limit) records to back.)

I use searching by range. For example, in web page I firstly search records which are in [0,
100] range then second page [100, 200]
I have nearly 200,000 records at all. When I go to last page which means records between 200,000
-100, 200,0, there is a memory problem(I have 4gb ram on running machine) in jvm( out of memory
error).

Is there a way to overcome this memory problem?

Thanks

--
ilkay POLAT   Software Engineer
TURKEY