lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inserting data from multiple databases in same index
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:02:43 GMT
You can either
1) create one index for each database, and merge the results during search.
2) create the 2 indexes individually and merge them
3) merge records during SQL select.

The 1) approach should be easy to scale linearly as your database grows.
You can even distribute the indexes onto several boxes and achieve
sharded search.

--
Chris Lu