lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maciej <mgawine...@gmail.com>
Subject XML results ranking
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:07:57 GMT
Hello,

I'm a newbie to Lucene and before starting playing with it I would like
to know whether it fits to my application.

I have a collection of XML documented demarcated with respect to a
stable XML schema (WSDL definitions).

I wonder whether Lucene:

(1) provides full-text search over content of XML elements ?

(2) provides substring search over values of attributes of XML elements ?

(3) scores relevance of matching XML documents ?

(4) allows to identify (in matching document) XML elements with matched
query terms and than navigate to parental/children nodes in XML
?structure ?

(5) provides a way to give more weight to some XML element types during
relevance scoring ?

Best regards,
Maciej Gawinecki