lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Xaida <hota.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hot to get word importance in lucene index
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:30:01 GMT

Thanx!

I am not sure, I have to study this class more deeper today , this is bit
complex, and i am not so advanced user to understand all. But this part
written in description is important to me:

"An efficient, effective "more-like-this" query generator would be a great
contribution, if anyone's interested. I'd imagine that it would take a
Reader or a String (the document's text), analyzer Analyzer, and return a
set of representative terms using heuristics like those above.  "

I know that "more like this" finds the set of similar documents.....(but i
dont need documents, i need "important"terms from whole index, to retrieve
them into some list for example)....... so for my case, important terms that
I would need, would actually be the terms generated in this query???