lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslho...@univie.ac.at>
Subject Retrieve term payloads / custom PayloadFilter
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:47:14 GMT
Hi,

in my application I have documents that may contain terms and term translations in multiple
languages. The language tag of each term is explicitly given and should be available in the
index in order to enable queries for documents that contain a certain term (optionally in
a given language).

I could split the documents in a set of sub-documents each containing terms in one specific
language and a dedicated field indicating the language. But then I need multiple queries to
retrieve stored term translations from the subdocuments.

The IMO better alternative is not to split the document and to assign the language tags as
payloads to the terms. But then I need

(i) a search filter that eliminates docs based on a given language tag and

(ii) a way to access the term payloads from the documents returned by the searcher

For both I haven't found a solution yet. Can I write a custom PayloadFilter or is there already
some implementation available? Is it possible to access the term payloads from the search
results?

Thanks.
Bernhard