lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Docs with any score are collected in the Collector implementations
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:25:10 GMT

: that's probably because I move from lucene to solr.
:
: We will need to filter them from the result manually then first.

Can you explain why? ... in particular, can you explain what types of
queries you have that produce negative scores for matches, but where you
don't want to see those matches in the results?

becuase frankly the fact that some HitCollectors use to ignore negative
scores was generally considered a bug -- the fact that a score is negative
doesn't change that it's a match.  if you're dealing with some type of
Query object whose results you think should be filtered to exclude the
negativescores, that makes me wonder if hte Query itself is implemented
incorrectly.

(excluding negative scores is like excluding scores below "3.1415" -- it's
an arbitrary cut off that's generally meaningless)

-Hoss