lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <jan.kure...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Docs with any score are collected in the Collector implementations
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:47:22 GMT
Added a comment in the JIRA mentioned below. I do not feel to create already a patch on my
first chat to you guys ;)

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Simon Willnauer [mailto:simon.willnauer@googlemail.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2010 11:47
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Docs with any score are collected in the Collector implementations

AFAIK, exchangeing the Collector is one of the last tricky parts which
is not solvable via the XML configuration. I recall talking to Mark a
while ago about reasons against replacing your Lucene app with Solr
and HitCollector / Collector came up during that. I think you need to
touch SolrIndexSearcher and maybe build your own QueryCompontent. Yet,
I am not a Solr expert so maybe Mark, Yonik or Chris could jump in
here?!

simon

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Yeah might be the wrong mailing list :)  Though there is alot of overlap...
>
> Solr's QueryComponent doesn't seem to allow specifying your own
> collector... and this issue is still open:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1680
>
> I think we need to hear from a Solr guru (not me)!
>
> Mike
>
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:28 AM,  <jan.kurella@nokia.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, have overseen this implementation. How to get solr configured to use this
wrapper collector? Or is this the wrong mailing list for this question? :)

>> As far as I read the solr code it is not meant to configure the collectors at all
without touching the code...

>> Jan

check is not implemented in any Collector implementation. Especially in the two implementation
used by solr: InOrderTopScoreDocCollector and OutOfOrderTopScoreDocCollector.