lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dionisis Koumouras <kum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overriding Lucene's term weights computation
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:27:55 GMT
Naama,
I recently faced a similar problem. Overriding the way Lucene uses
TermVectors seemed quite complex for me. I used the payloads mechanism
instead so that I could store a float payload with each word. Then, I
overloaded the similarity class to change the way results are scored, based
on the payloads.
This is the example I was hinted with through this list:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2010/04/18/refresh-getting-started-with-payloads/
I hope it helps you too

Dionisis