lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rebecca Watson <bec.wat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem fetching number of occurrences
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 05:56:50 GMT
hi

when you are indexing, use termvectors
org.apache.lucene.document.Field.TermVector
set this in the Field object constructor when you create your Field objects
at index time.

i've never done it but i'm pretty sure these can be retrieved at
search time using one of the
IndexReader.getTermFreqVector methods.

lucene in action has a really good section on using termfreqvectors:
http://www.manning.com/hatcher3/

if you want the positional info too e.g. the two positions of the
"question" word in your
example then have a look at the org.apache.lucene.search.spans.SpanTermQuery
class -- in the getSpans method -- it grabs the terms + positions
using the IndexReader
as well: reader.termPositions(term)

hope that helps,

bec :)