lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: arguments in favour of lucene over commercial competition
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:02:29 GMT
One thing to consider is that you have access to the source,
so worst-case you won't be cut off at the knees by the commercial
vendor.

Case in point: Fast was acquired by Microsoft, who have since
dropped all future Unix development. Hope all Fast users
really like running their apps on Windows servers.

Here's a start for companies using Lucene:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/PoweredBy

<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/PoweredBy>HTH
Erick