lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aad Nales <aad.na...@gmail.com>
Subject synonym highlighter
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:47:43 GMT
Hi All,

We are mixing Lucene with a commercial service giving us all kinds of
synonyms. We add these synonyms to the index and we can search with
them. The problem we have is 'highlighting' the orginal word when a
synonym is found.

We were thinking along the following approach.

1. Get a term
2. Find the synonyms and add them as tokens to a stream with a PayLoad
that holds the original term
3. When a hit is found on a synonym get the original term from the
payload and execute a highlight based on the original term

What i have not been able to do is 'read' the payload from a term in
the index. I am missing something obvious?

thanks,
Aad