lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rebecca Watson <bec.wat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index with multiple level structure
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:02:45 GMT
hi alex,

sounds like you are going to tackle a similar problem to what we're
trying to do
in our XML too -- as it looks like you've got a one-to-many type relationship
you want to search over but return based on the top-level document -- similar to
an an XML i.e. structured doc search problem

-- simon willnauer pointed me this slideshow at the apache conference
in prague a little while ago which was the best solution i found (i
went there to find
one!!) and this is the one we are going to soon try and
implement/extend to allow
index/search over our XML docs:

http://www.slideshare.net/MarkHarwood/proposal-for-nested-document-support-in-lucene

hope that helps you too :)