lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "maryam ma'danipour" <m.madanip...@gmail.com>
Subject segment_N file is missed
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:33:38 GMT
Hello to all !
  I have _0.cfs file of a lucene index directory but segments.gen and
segments_2 are missing. Can I generate the segments.gen and segments_2 files
without having to regenerate the _0.cfs file. Does these "segments" files
contain any index specific data, which will thus force me to regenerate the
entire index again. Or can I just generate the two "segments" file by
copying these from another lucene index directory generated with the same
lucene version or can I merge this inex with another index which has
segments_N to retrieve the data ?

Thanks