lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@gmail.com>
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 02:10:14 GMT
Hi,

  I have a question on how IndexWriter manages its memory when it comes to
RawPostingList. Its pretty late, so sorry if the question is obvious, but
the question is when does the RawPostingList array gets reclaimed or
shrinked? I assume they get factored in the ram balancing process, but, is
there a chance that they won't be reclaimed? Can I force them to be
reclaimed, I think that IndexWriter#commit does not affect that... . Here is
a link to a sample heap dump I took (I do call flush):
http://skitch.com/kimchy/dg3e4/eclipse-memory-analyzer.

Thanks,
Shay