lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Last Call: Lucene Revolution CFP Closes Tomorrow Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 12 Midnight PDT
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:26:11 GMT
Grant,

I can probably do the 3 billion document one from Prague, or a
realtime search one... I spaced on submitting for ApacheCon.

Are there cool places in the Carolinas to hang?

Cheers bro,

Jason

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Grant Ingersoll
<grant@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> Lucene Revolution Call For Participation - Boston, Massachusetts October 7 & 8, 2010
>
> The first US conference dedicated to Lucene and Solr is coming to Boston, October 7 &
8, 2010. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination with additional support from community
and other commercial co‐sponsors. The audience will include those experienced Solr and Lucene
application development, along with those experienced in other enterprise search technologies
interested becoming more familiar with Solr and Lucene technologies and the opportunities
they present.

> We are soliciting 45‐minute presentations for the conference.
>
> Key Dates:
> May 12, 2010         Call For Participation Open
> June 23, 2010        Call For Participation Closes
> June 28, 2010        Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
> October 5‐6, 2010  Lucene and Solr Pre‐conference Training Sessions
> October 7‐8, 2010  Conference Sessions
>

> Topics of interest include:
> Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment,
etc.)
>  “How We Did It” Development Case Studies
> Spatial/Geo search
>  Lucene and Solr in the Cloud (Deployment cases as well as tutorials)
> Scalability and Performance Tuning
> Large Scale Search
> Real Time Search
> Data Integration/Data Management
> Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications
>
> All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance
is available for speakers that qualify.

> To submit a 45‐minute presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp@lucenerevolution.org
with Subject containing: <your name>, Topic <your session title> containing the
following information in plain text.

organization is interested in sponsorship opportunities, email sponsor@lucenerevolution.org.