lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aad Nales <aad.na...@gmail.com>
Subject retrieving Payload 3.0.1
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 07:19:40 GMT
Hi All,

I storing synonyms in an index. e.g. 'institute' as a synonym for
'organization'. Since I want to highlight the orginal term when
showing the result i am storing a Payload with each synononym. So in
this case the term 'institute' has a payload for 'organization'. I
execute a search and the document is found. Now i want to create the
highlighting and here is where it goes wrong. I am unable to figure
out how to 'read' the Payload from the document. Perhaps i am looking
at it the wrong way? What i want to avoid is having to expand my
search query with the synonyms. Is there anybody who could give me a
hint how to go about this in lucene 3.0.1

tia,
Aad