lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <>
Subject Re: segment_N file is missed
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:20:33 GMT
The CheckIndex class/program will recreate the segment files when it
removes a segment from an index. That's the only source I've found for
how to make these files.

If you are able to hack this up, making a CFSDirectory would be a
wonderful addition to the Lucene Directory suite. A CFS file is a
complete Lucene index and it is much much easier to deploy single
files than file sets.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:33 AM, maryam ma'danipour
<> wrote:
> Hello to all !
>  I have _0.cfs file of a lucene index directory but segments.gen and
> segments_2 are missing. Can I generate the segments.gen and segments_2 files
> without having to regenerate the _0.cfs file. Does these "segments" files
> contain any index specific data, which will thus force me to regenerate the
> entire index again. Or can I just generate the two "segments" file by
> copying these from another lucene index directory generated with the same
> lucene version or can I merge this inex with another index which has
> segments_N to retrieve the data ?
> Thanks

Lance Norskog

To unsubscribe, e-mail: